- This event has passed.
Sacred Breath – Building A Foundation For The Deeper Practices of Pranayama
November 11, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm MST$75.00
Prana is the primordial energy, ubiquitous and all pervasive, that feeds and nourishes our body, mind and spirit. Unfortunately, the knowledge, wisdom and practice of prāṇāyāma is sometimes included but rarely explored in-depth in most western yoga classes.
This immersive workshop, while incorporating anatomy, physiology and asana to prepare us for pranayama, will provide students with a framework and foundation to reach much deeper into the mysteries of the practice of Pranayama.
During this workshop students will enjoy:
- A deeper understanding of what pranayama is and the purpose of the practice
- An explanation of the process and progression of a pranayama practice.
- An assessment of their own pranayama practice
- An easily accessible set of practices to prepare the mind and body for pranayama
- Preparation for the Sacred Breath – Part 2 workshop
This class is open to the public and all levels of experience are welcome.
Please dress comfortably for movement (bring a mat if you have one) and bring a pen and notebook.