Yoga For First Responders: Level 1 & Level 2 Certification Training – Denver
July 17 - July 22
As part of the core faculty for Yoga for First Responders, Jeff Masters will be in attendance at the Denver, Colorado certification training.
The aim of this program is to empower public servants with effective mindfulness practices for cultivating resilience to stress and peak performance on and off the job.
By bringing yoga, meditation and mindfulness training to law enforcement officials, firefighters, EMTs, paramedics and other first responders across the nation, we can offer these individuals valuable tools to help them stay present and observant at times of intense stress.
These practices can also support individuals who are experiencing symptoms of post-traumatic stress or secondary traumatic stress, due to the life-or-death situations they face in the line of duty.
This Yoga For First Responders training offers six days of intensive training with over 40 hours of instruction time.
Level One Specifics
Students will receive:
- An understanding of the culture of both firefighters and police departments.
- An in-depth explanation of Post Traumatic Stress and Vicarious Traumatization, along with their manifestations.
- A deeper look at the science of yoga as it relates to trauma.
- Instruction on how to build a trauma-sensitive yoga class series.
- YFFR protocol and curriculum to bring to your local departments
- An overview of cognitive training techniques.
- Practices for self-care while serving others.
- Extensive reference materials and a thorough “Instructor Toolkit” to support you after this training as you go out to teach this program in your community.
- YFFR will be with you all the way.
- Three YFFR classes
- YFFR manual and “Instructor Toolkit”
Level Two Specifics
*Level One training is a pre-requisite
Students will receive:
- Introduction to other police academy skills (defensive tactics and firearms)
- Deeper practices for self-care
- Eradicating Trauma from Connective Tissue
- Yin Yoga
- The Science Behind being “in the zone” and how to easily access it
- YFFR Police Academy Curriculum and how to effectively deliver it
- YFFR presentation materials and how to effectively deliver an in-service training
- Three YFFR classes and daily self-care practice
- The “Ambassador Toolkit” and becoming a YFFR Leader
- Continuing Education opportunities.
- 15 hours of CEU credits are available through Yoga Alliance™
*A few hours of outside work is required post-training be eligible for certification