Here are a few things to consider that will help you to integrate and process your session before and after.
The first is to understand that the work we do here is multilayered and multifaceted. It may at once seem physical in that it interfaces with the body releasing physical tissues and restrictions and, at the same time, it is profoundly energetic.
Utilizing specific therapeutic techniques and disciplines your therapist will access a myriad of non-local, non-verbal quantum energetic levels / patterns. It is only when these patterns and their physical correlates are finally released that the space is created for true healing to occur.
During a session you may experience one or more of the following:
• A sense of deep relaxation
• Feelings of resistance or anxiety
• Altered states of awareness
• Involuntary body movements or twitches
• Stomach sounds
• Random (or not so random) insights or memories
• A heightened sense, or the release, of emotions
• Various physical sensations:
– Pressure or being stuck to the table
– Cold or warmth
– Vibrations or wave like movements
– Flashing or different colored lights behind the eyes or around the body
A typical session lasts 90-minutes and may take up to three days (or more) to completely integrate with your body, mind and energetic structures. During this time it is recommended that you pay special attention to your body, emotions, mental posture (moods) specific physical sensations and dreams.
Our clients are always urged to take the time to write down their experiences in a journal or notebook for review later.
If there are any questions about the nature of your session or what you are experiencing afterwards, please feel free to contact our office directly.